Friday, June 5, 2009

Sewing and New Fabric and Stationary!

I just posted yesterday and by the evening had enough to post again. Then today I had enough to make another post- so this will be two days worth if I have enough time. Joel and his band are playing tonight and we leave pretty soon.

Yesterday I sewed a bunny from Wee Wonderfuls. I really liked how it turned out! I just need to add the pom pom and hand stitch it closed (my least favorite part). I also made a baby block in similar colors (that also needs to be hand stitched closed). I used some foam cushion inserts I got at Walmart for the inside. I used cotton fabric and fleece for the outside.



Also yesterday, my order from starlit nest came! With kawaii Japanese fabric pieces!
These are 6" squares perfect for quilting.

Here are 7 fat quarters. I plan on making bibs, triangles for the banner, and quilt pieces.


Here are some bibs already cut and ready to sew. I am going to have a lot of bibs! The terry cloth on the back is from a pack of Walmart washcloths that I got for a really good deal. I hope they are quality enough....


I was so excited! I went to Walmart today and decided to look around the craft section (I almost always look around for something on sale or sale fabric). I knew they sold quilting squares, but I never really looked at them. Well, instead of regular price ($1.47), the fat quarters were on sale for only $1.00, and there were prints I really liked!! So I had to get several....

Here are some close ups of the fabric:
Now I will be able to make tons of banners, quilt squares, bibs, blocks, bunnies, and other cute small crafts!

And last but definitely not least, my order from shopkawaii.com came today!!
I got a mini notepad and mini-mini calander (it's 2008, I got it for the cute pictures):

I also got a letter set, mini stickers, and two bigger notepads. These notepads have 8 different designs each. They will be so cute to decoupage something in the baby's room!
I tore out one page from each design and laid them all out here. There are so many things I could cut out for papr crafts! I think I will also scan them and then I can blow them up and print the designs for projects too.
Here is a close up of some cute pages:


I finished writing this just in time! It's time for us to go. I'm sure I'll have some more finished projects to write about tomorrow (but hopefully no more purchases for a while..)

No comments: