Sunday, November 9, 2008

Bento Boxes

I never heard of Bento Boxes until about a week ago. Now I can't wait to order some online! I heard about them from Wendolonia's blog. The main idea is to create cute lunches with all reusable items rather than having trash to throw away. And of course all the reusable supplies are adorable Japanese designs. The only way I have found to buy a bento box with supplies is from Ichiban Kan. They have some of the cutest stuff for super cheap! Except of course for shipping costs. Everywhere else I found bentos online they've been much more expensive. I am a little tight on money right now and have 3 different gifts to buy (weddings and birthday) and just paid a large sum of money for online courses and need to buy plane tickets and gifts for Christmas and want to get a sofa before my family visits for Thanksgiving... but I really want to place an order from Ichiban Kan! At least a small one...

Here are some pictures of bento items bought from a Japanese a-little-over-a-dollar store (of course it's in California..) from Wendolonia's blog:


These items aren't from Ichiban Kan but they have similar cute things for bentos. These are actually from a store called Daiso. I want to plan my next vacation for CA so I can go to a Dasio store. I used to love Dollar Stores. Now I love Daiso stores (even though I haven't been to one yet). Almost everything $1.50 and it's all so much cuter than what I can find at the dollar stores I've been to! Although I enjoyed the Chinese dollar store in China town in Philly... but it was still nothing compared to a Daiso...

Another fun thing I found is 3 cookbooks for free (if you buy 2 items and pay $2.50 shipping) from Smucker's, Jif, and Scholastic. The cookbooks look really cute. I bought two jars of jelly (on sale and with a coupon that doubled..) and am going to send away for the cookbooks. I wonder if I should try and get more.. they would make cute gifts..

http://smuckers.com/promotions/scholastic/book_offer.asp

1 comment:

Gene said...

you might be interested in visiting www.kitchencow.com she's a filipino bento blogger with some free recipes and inspirations. :D