Thursday, June 5, 2008

Grocery Shopping

We are going grocery shopping today. We are going to try something new-finally. I have several tote bags from teaching and other places, and we are ready to "go green" and not use as many plastic bags today. I want to keep the bags in the trunk so we can use them whenever we go grocery shopping. Let's see how long this lasts...
If you're looking for a great way to save money when grocery shopping, check out thegrocerygame.com. You have to pay but you can get a one-month free trial for only $1. You need to buy the Sunday paper each week (we buy 4) and then the grocery game tells you what is on sale at the store and which coupons to use with the sales. We always save 50% or more when we go. One day it rang up as $118. We scanned our store card, gave the coupons, and paid only $29. That was one of our best.
I finished a hat I made for Joel. He isn't home right now so I can't have him try it on, I hope it fits well and that he likes it...
I finally visited the yarn store in town! It's really neat! They have a nice selection of yarn and books. I only bought 2 skeins because they were cool and on sale. It's more expensive to buy nice yarn. (I'm used to Wal-mart and Michael's). I hope to buy more at Strings & Sticks Yarn Shoppe soon.
It's called 2nd Time Cotton by Knit one Crochet too. It's recycled cotton. Now I need to find a pattern to use it...

No comments: