Saturday, January 30, 2010

January 2010

Thought I'd post a bunch of pictures to show what's been happening lately...

I ordered some things onnline, mostly at www.babyhalf.com: eco nuts natural laundry soap, a wet bag (we have a yellow one too) for the cloth diaper pail, two pairs of legwarmers, and the sweater is from Evaleigh's Nana.


This is Evaleigh's new keekaroo highchair put together. We also got a red infant seat for it. We got a great deal on amazon- $150 for the highchair and tray, which they no longer offer...



These alphabet wall art cards are for her room, but we still didn't hang them up...


Here is a signing kit. It was a great deal on amazon! It has a book, flashcards, a cd, and a signing songbook to go with the cd.


I started her green bean suit last summer before she was born, and haven't worked on it much since she was born. I realized she will outgrow it if I don't hurry! She even likes it! So I am going to work hard on finishing it soon!


I've also been cooking quite a bit in January. I didn't remember to take any pictures but I made these muffins filled with jam twice this month. They just went too fast to take a picture!



I found a neat recipe in one of my cookbooks for a winter stew in the crockpot. In the picture you can see leeks and parsnips- two vegetables I never bought before. It was fun learning something new!Here is the stew before I cooked it. I forgot to take a picture afterward but it looked like stew! It was yummy too!


I made homemade caramel corn.


I made homemade macaroni and cheese. This is before I cooked it.


I tried 3 times to make bread in the bread maker and it finally worked the third time! Which is good because I would have given up by then. The first time I didn't bring the yeast to room temperature first and the bread was all clumpy and weird. The second time I followed a bread maker recipe I found online that said to dissolve the yeast in warm water and add honey and let it sit for 10 minutes before adding it to the machine. Well, my breadmaker says to add yeast last on top of the flour, but it always mixes it right away so I thought I'd try it. Didn't work. Half the flour didn't even mix in. I finally followed a recipe from the bread maker book exactly and with room temperature yeast and it turned out yummy!

I also finally made potato-spinach gnocchi. It was on my list of things to make for a looong time.
First I cooked and mashed some potatoes, then added flour, spinach, and some other things to make a dough.


Then I rolled the dough into long ropes and cut little dumplings. I had to put them in boiling water for a few minutes.



It made pretty much! We ate some with a tomato sauce and put the rest in the freezer for later.


I have some more videos of Evaleigh talking and squealing and laughing and playing, but this post it long enough, Maybe tomorrow!

No comments: